Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 14873
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
We are looking for dedicated individuals to join our dynamic and cross trained team of Credentialed Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Radiology Technologists, Medical Office Assistants, PA/NPs and Physicians in a fast-paced Urgent Care setting.
Clinics are walk-in based Urgent Cares focused on the delivery of patient-centered and quality medical care of minor illnesses and injuries. UNC Urgent Care locations are open 8am-8pm, 7 days a week, caring for patients ages 4 months of age and older. All locations have on-site X-Ray and POC testing.
Manager is responsible for all budget, purchasing, personnel, compliance and facilities planning and administrative functions at the Urgent Care practice level. Incumbents directly or indirectly supervise the non-medical employees in the assigned clinic, and share in the supervision of the nursing staff.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides supervision and direction for administrative and clinical employees. Plans, assigns and directs work assignments ensuring adequate and efficient staffing. Interviews, hires, orients and trains employees; evaluates employee performance; rewards and disciplines employees.
3. Provides budgetary planning, implementation, monitoring and tracking of financial data. Provides financial reports on monthly and as needed basis.
4. Establishes clear open communications and builds positive relationships with patients, physicians, staff, director, and peers. Communicates on a regular basis with physicians, director and employees.
5. Develops and implements efficient and effective systems and processes. Analyses clinic functions to ensure that patient service and financial viability are the primary focus. Proactively develops systems and processes anticipating patient/internal/external customer needs.
6. Ensures appropriate ordering, receiving and utilization of all supplies and medications.
7. Identifies staff educational needs. Responsible for staff education and compliance with all safety procedures including conducting emergency drills on a periodic basis.
8. Develops, implements, administers, maintains policies and procedures consistent with the practice and the organization. Monitors and addresses compliance policies and procedures.
9. Coordinates, leads, and participates in the performance improvement activities for the practice. Ensures adherence/compliance with standards for such as OSHA, JCAHO, infection control, and safety and security protocols.
10. Evaluates and reports on periodic basis patient and staff satisfaction implementing programs/measures for maintenance and improvement. Addresses comments/complaints in a timely and effective manner.
11. Manages multiple urgent care sites.
● Bachelor's degree
● NC RN License
● Certification in nursing specialty required. i.e. CNML, CEN, NE-BC, RN-BC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two to four years experience in a healthcare setting
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients and employees, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Spread sheet skills strongly preferred. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Urgent Care Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.