Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 17342
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs general office support functions and other tasks as directed, according to established processes, policies and schedules.
1. Greeting and routing internal and external customers by phone and in person. Assists with general inquiries from internal and external customers. Directs customers/patients as needed. May serve as first level for customer complaints.
2. Matching records against source documents to verify completeness and accuracy correcting typographical and other basic errors.
3. Performs basic scheduling of staff, facilities and/or patients. May collect insurance cards and make copies/inputs data in system. May collect any necessary copays.
4. Performs routine office duties including filing, faxing, and sorting/distributing mail. Performs routine clerical and typing tasks involved in processing form letters, requisitions, memoranda, reports and other office documents. Utilizing all software necessary to perform basic tasks for departments.
5. Preparing and maintaining routine office records. Entering data, resolving minor discrepancies by contacting appropriate personnel. Refers more complex issues to supervisor.
● High School diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No experience is required
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Patient Access Caldwell
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.15
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.