Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 16630
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The purpose of this position is to provide direct coordination of inter-hospital transfers through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. The overall goal of the position is to enhance the quality of inter-hospital transfer management and satisfaction and to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integrating and functions of point of entry case management, utilization review, and effective patient flow activities.
1. Incoming Transfer Requests- Continually monitor work list(s) to appropriately triage patient transfer requests. Conduct and document assessment of proposed transfers and facilitate provider and caregiver consultations to develop a transfer plan per departmental guidelines.
2. Logistics Management- Collaborate with PLC flow coordinators, and clinical admitting decision makers to facilitate patient transfer activities with referring, receiving, and transporting caregivers, participating in discussions regarding appropriate assignment of level of care, care unit, provider team, and patient class. Refer non-clinical tasks as appropriate.
3. Customer Service- Identify and escalate barriers to efficient, effective, patient-centric and customer-friendly Transfer Center Operations. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills. Use service recovery scripting and techniques Clinical Appropriateness Assessment- Using established medical necessity criteria products and departmental guidelines perform assessments of the clinical appropriateness for proposed transfers. Escalate situations of questionable clinical or
4. Customer Service- Identify and escalate barriers to efficient, effective, patient-centric and customer-friendly Transfer Center Operations. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills. Use service recovery scripting and techniques to repair missed expectations when possible. Demonstrate flexibility and professionalism in a dynamic environment with frequent re-ordering of priorities and assignments. Uses critical thinking skills to evaluate and prioritize rapidly changing demands, working collaboratively to best accomplish the team’s mission.
5. Documentation- Document activities, events, and information per standards in established software systems in a timely, accurate, and complete manner. Identifies Avoidable Delays and documents causes for delay consistent with department standards. Uses established policies and processes to handle, discuss, and transmit protected health information in manner consistent with privacy and compliance expectations and policies. Uses departmental guidelines and job aids to perform work in an accurate, compliant manner consistent with known and written expectations and work rules.
● Associates Degree or Diploma in Nursing;
● Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of North Carolina
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clinical experience required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Highly organized professional with astute clinical knowledge. Great attention to detail, and critical thinking skills. Adaptable to frequent change. Compliant with regulatory and departmental guidelines and policies
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Patient Logistics Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.