Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 17408
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HR Business Partner role functions as a strategic liaison between the business and Human Resources. Helps coordinate, and implement HR activities for assigned client areas to align with the organizational strategy and goals. Provide the focal point to deliver human resources solutions in partnership with HR specialty areas. Build and maintain effective working relationships across the client groups as well as within the HR team.
1. Developing effective working relationships. Provides advice and coaching to leaders and employees as appropriate. Equip people managers with tools and knowledge to effectively manage their teams in alignment with organizational plans.
2. Research, develop and implement HR initiatives to support people strategies, using expert knowledge of the client area. Contribute to the delivery of business area Key Performance Indicators
3. Identify individual and collective learning and development needs and provide to the HR specialty area for action. Proactively gain client feedback to support HR specialty areas to improve service levels and alert HR areas where an issue/project may impact other areas.
4. Maintain a representative caseload involving a wide range of employee relations issues including complaints and issues leading to formal grievances. Develop appropriate employee relations plans and interventions. Effectively investigate claims/charges, review all pertinent facts and information without expanding the scope of the investigation unnecessarily, advise employees and managers on application of policies and procedures to effect a timely and satisfactory resolution. Conduct at least one follow up review in every case to determine if the implemented resolution was successful. Accurately document the relevant contacts and issues immediately. Analyze information about workforce trends and utilization, policy and procedure implementation, and compliance with all legal requirements including but not limited to EEO, ADA, and FMLA.
5. Work in partnership with the assigned client area to manage employee relations issues. Build management responsibility and capability for managing ER issues and improve the effectiveness of employee consultations. Support business area with disciplinary/grievances and other employee issues where specific business area knowledge is essential.
6. Provide both transformational advice and transactional support that delivers best practice HR solutions to support the business area in conjunction with specialty HR areas.
7. Drive all HR initiatives within client groups including performance appraisals, merit increase process, incentive process, restructures, learning & development programs, change management initiatives, succession planning, etc.
8. Embed a performance management culture within the business area as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviors. Provide training/coaching as needed.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of progressively advancing Human Resources experience (similar to a recruiter, HR Business Partner, Employee Relations, Compensation Analyst, Benefit Analyst) in practical application of federal and state Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity laws. Must have experience in developing proposed policies and procedures and their application and interpretation.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Business Partners
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.