Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 16769
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
An Advanced Practice Provider (APP) functions as part of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in accordance with privileges approved by the credentialing committee to provide high quality, cost effective care to patients within the APPs scope of practice in collaboration with a supervising physician. The APP reflects the mission, vision, and values of the organization, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and other regulatory and accreditation standards.
1. Clinical - Provides diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical and preventative care, under the supervision of a physician or surgeon. Performs first assist duties, including ensuring all needed equipment and supplies are present. Actively incorporates evidence-based hospital initiatives to improve patient care. Conducts preventive health screening based on age, history and patient needs. Consistently derives correct diagnoses through synthesis of clinical data and proper selection and interpretation of diagnostic studies. Revises the plan of care to meet the changing needs of the patient. Consistently maintains high productivity according to identified standards. Leads/participates in projects to improve productivity.
2. Professionalism - Interacts with patients and families in a respectful, courteous and timely fashion using appropriate communication for the patient and situation. Interacts collaboratively with coworkers, other team members and staff in a respectful, courteous, and timely fashion appropriate to patient care needs and situations. Responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems. Accepts responsibility for outcomes of one’s work. Shares responsibility for overall workload with team members.
3. Quality/Research - Engages in daily continuous quality improvement by identifying and implementing processes for improvement. Consults with management in assessment, problem-solving, decision-making, and evaluating clinical/system issues and models of care. Leads interdisciplinary teams to provide integrated delivery of patient care services. Initiates and revises protocol(s) or guideline(s) to reflect evidence-based changes in care management Works to influence policy-making bodies to improve patient care. Develops new clinical programs or services within the department/unit/clinic to improve patient care.
4. Leadership - Provides instruction to physicians, housestaff, nursing, ancillaries and/or students including but not limited to precepting, shadowing, lectures, training classes, CE, rounds, morning report, and or staff meetings. Participates in community/network outreach programs. Develops/leads community/network outreach programs. Demonstrates both an understanding of the contexts and system in which healthcare is provided and the ability to apply this knowledge to improve and optimize health care delivery. Leads/participates in systems improvements.
5. Education - Appropriately and professionally educates clients and/or families regarding medical condition, treatment, and follow-up. Collaborates with clinicians, staff, and students to promote continuity and patient/family centered care. Develops educational materials based on learning needs of clinicians, staff, and students. Provide education/instruction to physicians, housestaff, nursing, ancillaries and/or students. Actively recognizes and participates in identification and achievement of self-learning needs. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs.
● Completion of an accredited graduate-level Advanced Practice Provider (APRN or PA) program.
● Licensed as an Advanced Practice Provider (i.e., Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) in the state of North Carolina. Board certification if required by the Department.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience as First Assist in Cardiac Surgery.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM CT
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.