Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 15037
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
The Women's Health Information Center is seeking a Prenatal Yoga Instructor. This is a per diem role and is not eligible for benefits.
The Women's Health Information Center provides women in the community, region and state with access to the most current women's health information in order to help them make informed decisions about their health and of their families. The Center houses a Women’s Health library, support groups and coordinates classes and events at the Hospitals and in the community on a diverse range of women's health issues.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Group Exercise Instructor leads members through group exercise activities. The Group Exercise Instructor educates participants about useful and safe exercises, assists them in achieving exercise goals and creates a fun workout environment for all populations pursuant to the fitness standards. Instructor leads members through group exercise activities in a classroom setting.
1. Educates members on safe techniques and guidelines. Greet all members and orients new participants. Instructs class to the ability level of the students participating. Monitor participants through perceived rate of exertion. Works with participants to achieve fitness goals. Encourages new participants and orients them to class.
2. Instructs group exercise classes according to schedule and according to company standards. Starts and finishes class on time as scheduled. Stores all equipment neatly and appropriately. Documents equipment problems in club maintenance log and reports problem to Service Manager. Attends instructor trainings and supervisor’s meetings.
3. Participates in all Wellness Center events, promotions and marketing events.
● High School diploma or GED. Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
● Aerobic or group exercise instruction certification
● For exercise classes where certification does not exist, verified training may be considered as a substitute for certification in areas of: Tai Chi, Pre-Natal Yoga, Senior Fitness, Children’s Fitness, Adolescent Fitness, Hip Hop, WSI, Line Dancing, and the like.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six (6) months experience in leading group exercise activities. 1 year of teaching experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to deal with a diversity of individuals. Ability to communicate with people of all age groups. Strong Communication skills. Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles. Ability to effectively demonstrate all skills being taught to participants.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Women's Health Infor Center
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 6.0
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.