Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 17781
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides education and communication on clinical research activities and ensures compliance for all studies by following protocols and procedures.
1. Review research protocols to determine availability of resources, subjects and equipment needs.
2. Educates patients and families about clinical trials, potential benefits and goals of clinical research.
3. Communicates to physicians and other staff concerning protocols that are open to enrollment
4. Obtain written informed consent with appropriate HIPAA authorization from each patient prior to study enrollment
5. Conducts study as outlined by protocol.
6. Follows established guidelines in the collection of data.
7. Ensures regulatory compliance for each study by following IRB policies and procedures, study requirements, federal regulations, etc.
8. Participate in sponsor audits and/or regulatory inspections of records and documents (e.g. FDA, CLGB/NSABP)
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing. Master's preferred.
● RN NC LIC;BCLS
● Preferred: OCN RN
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Clinical research experience preferred. Minimum of 2 years oncology experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. STATISTICAL REPORTING; ANALYZE TRENDS; STATISTICAL ANALYSIS; DATA VERIFICATION; DATA CODING-GENERAL; DATA ANALYSIS/INTERPRETATION. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Cancer Center Research
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.