Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 16306
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Ensures the safety of all members using the Meadowmont Wellness Center aquatics facility. Maintains equipment and cleanliness of the facility.
1. Answers questions and responds to requests from members regarding aquatics facility and services
2. Maintains the cleanliness of the swimming pool by completing tasks as outlined in the daily cleaning checklist, vacuuming the pool bottom, cleaning gutters, eliminating puddles on the pool deck and picking up any trash. Ensures the pool and whirlpool are maintained at the proper temperatures and depth, chlorine and pH levels.
3. Monitors all users of the pool to ensure safety and prevent drowning. When necessary, administers first aid, perform a water rescue, and/or administer CPR if necessary. Enforces all pool rules, health regulations and Center policies
● None required.
● Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
● American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior experience working with consumers with special needs such as arthritis, heart disease, and physical injuries or handicaps.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Wellness Center Raleigh
Work Type: Per Diem - Saturday Mornings
Standard Hours Per Week: 5.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.