Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 18898
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve
Caldwell UNC Health is the choice for health care in Caldwell County. The Emergency Department sees over 30,000 visits a year. Caldwell Physician Network provides the majority of primary care and select specialty care to our market from eleven separate medical park locations throughout the county. Our 137 bed hospital is a member of the UNC Health System.
• First year compensation guarantee at national benchmarks for the specialty
• Relocation stipend of up to $15,000
• Sign-on bonus potential
• Attractive call rotation with collegial partners
• Experienced Physician Assistant teammate currently supporting physician colleagues
• Staff and administration in our practices who are well-trained, seasoned professionals
• Location- UNC Surgical Specialists, A Division of Caldwell Memorial Hospital- 322 Mulberry Street, Lenoir, NC 28645
• Medical, dental, vision, disability, group life, employee assistance program (EAP), flexible spending account, and 403b, Relocation allowance, Professional Liability coverage, Paid Time Off, Continuing Medical Education allowance
About the Area:
• Centrally located to the key cities in Western North Carolina—70 minute travel time each to: Charlotte Douglas International Airport; the eclectic attractions of Asheville; the arts and history of Winston-Salem; and only 20 minutes to the North Carolina High Country and the mountain seasonal resort community of Blowing Rock
• Temperate climate with 4 seasons
• Natural scenic beauty in Wilson Creek Gorge, a Wild and Scenic River
• Breath-taking scenic views from The Blue Ridge Parkway
• Proximity to higher education opportunities: Appalachian State University in Boone, NC; Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, NC; Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute in Hudson, NC; and an excellent pre-K – 12 public school system that includes an Early College High School
To be considered, please email your resume to [email protected]
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.