Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 18920
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Did you know UNC Health has Ranked #2 Most Trusted Healthcare Brand in the U.S.? The UNC Health brand was ranked as the #4 healthcare brand in the United States overall and the #2 most trusted healthcare brand, just after Johns Hopkins and before Mass General. Join our One-Great-Team!
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health Communications and Marketing department is looking for an outgoing, creative social media specialist to join our Integrated Communications team. Reporting to the Manager, Content and Social Media Strategy, this person will support the Content and Patient Communications team and create original content to share on UNC Health's social media accounts. We are looking for a creative person that will help us develop new multimedia content in a variety of formats, including video, photography, short animations, and live streaming events. This person should have experience creating and distributing content for social media. The social media specialist also interacts with others in the organization, serves on an on-call rotation with all staff members, and covers some events on weekends and evenings to gather great content to share with our audiences. A hybrid work schedule is possible, and remote (virtual) meetings are also common.
● Continually seeks out and creates multimedia content for social media platforms, including but not limited to video, short animations, photographs, and written content, as directed by supervisor.
● Help train and advise internal stakeholders on producing social media content, as well as basic use of cameras, mobile phones for digital purposes, and other key social media skills as needed.
● Researches ongoing digital/social media trends and makes recommendations to elevate social media strategy.
● Be available for on-call rotation among social media team members to quickly address urgent customer service complaints or inquiries with the assistance of appropriate stakeholders as needed.
●Attends content meetings as necessary in Morrisville and spends time at Triangle hospital locations to gather pertinent content for social media distribution.
● Composes creative social media posts that align with our brand voice on a daily basis.
● Ability to bring creative ideas and new concepts to the table, along with skills using TikTok, Instagram, and other popular social media platforms.
● Three or more years of related social media experience is preferred.
● One or more years of related video editing experience is preferred, but the experience can be via college or community projects with a focus on production skills, not formal work experience.
● Intermediate level skill or above with Adobe Creative Suite or similar video and image editing software or apps and the proven ability to edit videos, photographs, and short animations.
● Experience working with large, complex organizations in multiple locations.
● Ability to effectively prioritize, communicate to stakeholders, and manage multiple initiatives allocating resources appropriately.
● Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
● Ability to professionally and respectfully collaborate in a diverse organization.
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care. This is not a State employed position.
● Bachelor's Degree required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three or more years of related experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must demonstrate excellent written & oral communication skills and a strong understanding of web strategy & design principles. Experience with internet user behavior, web technology, social media marketing, analytics, and web functionality is preferred. Must possess excellent organization, multi-tasking and strategic-thinking skills. Flexibility, good judgment, high energy and attention to detail are essential. Must work as a team player in a fast-paced, creative environment.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Integrated Communications
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.