Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 18249
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
*This position qualifies for our Support Services Commitment Incentive program, which includes $1,500 paid over a two (2) years. Equal payments will be made every six (6) months of employment from their start date during the two (2) year commitment. Learn more about the incentive program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-support-services-commitment-incentive-program
Our Food and Nutrition Services team are true culinary professionals within an award-winning, nationally recognized healthcare system. As a valued member of the UNC Health family, our Food and Nutrition team helps to provide top quality Carolina Care, fueling our patients, their families, and our own employees. Our recipe for career success is reflected within our organizational values and what we can offer our team members. Offering a full comprehensive benefits package with up to 5 weeks of paid time off accrued annually, tuition assistance, and highly competitive starting wages. We offer higher hourly wage incentives for those that work night shifts and for prior relevant experience. See yourself at UNC Health and join our One great team!
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides work direction and scheduling of employees, provides stellar customer services, assists in planning of meal services, and programs cash registers as necessary.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Assists in the planning of meal services.
3. Programs cash registers and follows Cash Handling policies.
4. Displays a pleasant friendly customer service behavior as required.
5. Ensures that the delivery of services to customers are appropriate and in accordance with established policies, procedures, and objectives for area.
6. Leads and participates on teams to achieve targeted results.
7. Provides input to manager on decision making and problem solving activities related to the area.
8. Provides work direction and scheduling of employees. Assists with monitoring of overtime hours.
9. Participates in the execution of workplan(s) for assigned area.
10. Provides performance feedback to manager regarding team members' performance.
High School Diploma or GED
● Prefer: SERVSAFE
Professional Experience Requirements:
● 3 years supervisory and/or leadership experience in high volume restaurant, hotel or cafeteria setting with high focus on customer service excellence, and high food quality.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.