Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 18861
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Rehabilitation Services Department at UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill, NC is accepting applications for Rehab Services Assistant position. This individual will offer non-skilled mobilization and maintenance assistance to patients under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist within a variety of acute care settings. The Rehab Services Assistant will work closely with an interprofessional team in a large volume, fast-paced acute care environment. Candidates must have excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking for an entry-level position who are pursuing a career in healthcare.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Prepares patients and area for treatments.
3. Assist therapists in implementing patient care programs.
4. Assists patients on or off therapy equipment.
5. Transports patients to and from treatment area.
6. Cleans work area and equipment after treatment.
7. Communicates effectively with members of the healthcare team.
8. Completes competencies as assigned.
● High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One month related experience and/or training desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Rehab Mobility Team
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.