Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 16804
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Care is a not-for-profit integrated health care system owned by the state of North Carolina, headquartered in Chapel Hill. The health care system covers UNC Hospitals and its provider network, together with eleven affiliate hospitals. UNC’s mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of North Carolinians and others whom they serve by striving to provide leadership and excellence in the interrelated areas of patient care, education, and research. UNC offers a broad range of open positions from nurses to physicians to support staff. If you land a job with them, you will find a work environment infused with the sense of valuing everybody throughout the organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Over the past two years, the Department of Pediatrics has rapidly grown in size (e.g., faculty, outreach locations, etc.). A Director of Strategic Initiatives is needed to partner with the Chair of the Department of Pediatrics to continue implementing strategic initiatives and support growth across the state. This individual will oversee the central administration and strategic planning functions of the department.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
• Implement initiatives from the UNC Children’s Strategic Plan
• Manage and facilitate the Children Executive Council Strategy, Quality, and Safety Meeting with the Chief Children’s Quality and Safety Officer
• Organize Chair, Division Chief, and Vice Chair retreats focused on strategy implementation
• Organize meetings across divisions and departments to discuss children’s strategic initiatives
• Facilitate strategy sessions and retreats
Central Administration Oversight and Management
• Manage Department of Pediatrics Central Administration suite
• Develop internal and external materials for Board/Foundation presentations, strategy and initiatives progress, and Chief communications
Communications and Operations
• Collaborate across multiple teams including divisional operations, finance, revenue cycle, marketing, external affairs, HR, compliance, and legal
• Work collaboratively with strategic planning, marketing, and quality/safety functions to continue implementing initiatives across the state
Financial Oversight & Analysis
• Analyze and evaluate new highly complex programs and services to determine feasibility, requirements for success, ROI, and business model impact
• Track, analyze and report on program revenue and expense to evaluate and inform business model
• Ensure the development and sustainability of the infrastructure required to achieve cost effective, high quality, state-of-the-art, efficient service delivery systems across the Department of Pediatrics and partnering hospitals across the state
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians. Equal Employment Opportunity UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation. To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process. Learn further E-Verify details in English or Spanish. UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right to Work Statement in English or Spanish.
A master’s degree in business administration, health care administration, or a related field is preferred
Professional Experience Requirements:
5 years of academic medical center experience required. If a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 7 years’ experience in academic medical center management is required.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Ped Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.