Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 19190
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides supervision of the day to day operations of the MRI clinical unit. Provides supervision for MRI Technologists within the MRI clinical areas.
** Hours: Monday - Friday 7a-3:30p OR 8:30a-5p (candidate's choice), on call required **
1. Adopt and assist in the CQI process within the department and section, as well as those that cross into other departments within the Health Care System.
2. Assist in the budget process including, but not limited to, capital equipment, minor equipment, estimated procedure volumes, and updating and creating new department procedure charges. Establish and modify supply inventory in response to changes in long and short-term business trends.
3. Develop and update department and section policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines. Maintain equipment according to all regulatory and institutional directives.
4. Maintain clinical competency within his/her discipline and performs the function of the Technologist as necessary to meet patient care demands . Maintains PACS and RIS super-user status.
5. Manage direct reports through regular staff meetings, yearly performance evaluations, counseling employees in issues related to professional growth and behavior. Interview potential employees and make hiring decisions. Manage personnel records manage schedules including work, call, vacation, and holiday, manage time and attendance.
6. Review patient scheduling, participate in supervisor and staff meetings, maintain an open dialog with Radiologists and Department Administration.
● Associate's degree or completion of an accredited Radiologic Sciences Program.
● Registered by the American Registry of Radiological Sciences. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in an imaging discipline, including prior supervisory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: MRI Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
mri mri tech #mri #radiology #xray #radiologist #medicine #ctscan #imaging #medical #ct #radiologia #radtech #radiographer #medicalimaging #xraytech #ultrasound #radiologytech #healthcare #xrays #hospital #radiologylife #radiologystudent #radiography #health #unchospital #unchealth #lenoir #lenoirnc #caldwellmemorialhospital #caldwell
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.