Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 17300
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Hospitals Rehabilitation Service Line is accepting applications for a per diem Adult Neuro Occupational Therapist I in an outpatient clinic with clinical experience in adult neurological disorders including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury and multi-trauma. Additional conditions include ALS, MDA, CMT, long COVID, MS, and Parkinson’s disease. Some of the specialized occupational therapy services available to our adult neuro caseloads include: simulated driving evaluations, wheelchair and equipment evaluations, functional electrical stimulation, hand splinting, and low-vision.
The selected candidate will work closely with an experienced group of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and social work as part of our Outpatient team. Excellent time management, communication, flexibility, and organizational skills are required in this fast paced environment. Good leadership skills are needed to coordinate patient care coverage with other disciplines within the UNC Healthcare System and academic institutions across the state. The selected will work at least 16 hours per week with flexible days and hours depending on candidate availability and clinic needs.
1. Completes OT documentation in the medical record per department guidelines and completes department records for billing and statistics
2. Manages OT caseload with efficiency and efficacy
3. Manages resources needed to perform OT treatment plan to accomplish the goals set for the patient
4. Plans and coordinates clinical programs in response to patient needs, technologies, clinical practices, regulations and reimbursement. Provides regular communication with physicians, supervisor, and others regarding OT programs and patients served.
5. Provides clinical supervision and teaching for OT students or staff. Plans orientation, caseload, and other learning activities. Provides regular feedback and coaching. Evaluates the learner's performance.
6. Selects and performs appropriate Occupational Therapy (OT) evaluation procedures to identify and assess problems. Sets treatment goals and devises a treatment plan. Re-evaluates and adjusts the treatment plan in response to the patient's changing condition and discharge plans.
● Graduation from an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
● Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Occupational Ther-OP Borders
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 16.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.