Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 16710
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Business Analyst needed for Emergency Services
The Business Analyst (BA) plays a key role in the Emergency Services Leadership Team and will provide financial and strategic planning for all Emergency Services cost centers. This includes financial forecasting and development of reports, revenue analytics, analyzing variances and trends, budget preparation, purchasing coordination, and special analytic projects as needed. Selected candidate must have demonstrated ability in data mining, financial analysis, and project management. Advanced Excel skills and outstanding written and oral communication skills are also strongly preferred.
This is an exempt position; 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday
Participates in the planning and establishment of budgets and goals and objectives. Develops and implements fiscal strategies to achieve goals and objectives.
1. Designs, develops or modifies and implements accounting/business systems. Performs unit, systems, and parallel tests of new or redesigned systems and processes
2. May supervise a group of subordinate employees to include selection, training, appraisal, coaching and disciplining in accordance with UNCHCS policies and procedures.
3. Monitors and analyzes revenues and actual expenditures in relation to budget and makes changes to plans as appropriate.
4. Monitors compliance with policies and procedures and makes recommendations for changes as appropriate. Develops and documents procedures.
5. Participates in System-wide initiatives to improve operational efficiencies. May lead Continuous Quality Improvement teams.
6. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP, GASB and FASB.
7. Prepares financial analyses for departmental and institutional planning.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Public Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Emergency Medical Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.