Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 18739
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the independent operation of diagnostic medical equipment to expose complex diagnostic conditions, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations to include but not limited to general ultrasound, ob/gyn scanning and vascular diagnostics.
Work Hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7:30am-8pm. Will help support a call and holiday rotation.
1. Assists the radiologist in performing invasive diagnostic techniques such as needle biopsies, aspirations, and guided needle-wire placement exams for surgery. Provides standardization and training to residents regarding these exams.
2. Evaluates any contra-indications, such as medications, insufficient patient preparation or the patient’s inability, or unwillingness to tolerate the procedure.
3. Performs the ultrasound procedure under general or direct supervision, as defined by the procedure and/or physician.
4. Recognizes sonographic characteristics of normal and abnormal tissues, structures, and blood flow.
5. Analyzes sonography findings throughout the course of the examination so that a comprehensive exam is completed and sufficient data is provided to the physician.
6. Recognizes situations or abnormalities that require the direct observation of the real-time scan by the radiologist.
7. Images structures while simultaneously obtaining Doppler signal and recording images and Doppler shift recordings along with patient information for interpretation by a radiologist.
8. Advises radiologist and/or referring physician of results of the examination and provides preliminary information regarding diagnostic evaluation.
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography / General Ultrasound or equivalent certificate program is required.
● RDMS registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) with certification in at least one modality specific to department of hire (i.e. Abd, OBGYN, RVT).
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience as an Ultrasound Tech.
● Must complete all departmental specific Sonographer competencies within twelve (12) months from date of hire, as well as complete all annual modality competencies and assigned continual education to maintain Ultrasound Tech II
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rex Holly Springs Hospital
Organization Unit: HS Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Weekend
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.