Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 15900
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Collaborates with the Clinical Research Nurse/Clinical Research Specialist, Clinical Research Associate and Principal Investigators in the execution of oncology clinical research.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Recruit, screen, and enroll study subjects in research studies under supervision of clinical research nurse.
3. Obtain written informed consent with appropriate HIPAA authorization from each patient prior to study enrollment under supervision of clinical research nurse.
4. Collect and enter data on case report forms and verify accuracy and completeness. Complete data query resolution.
5. Follow SOPs (standard operating procedures) for initial submission of clinical trial to IRB and for continuing review. Ensure IRB approval prior to study initiation. Submit protocol amendments, informed consent revision to IRB for approval prior to implementation of any clinical trial changes.
6. Maintain accountability for investigational product to include ordering, maintenance of records, proper storage.
7. Participate in sponsor audits and/or regulatory inspections of records and documents.
8. Participate in site-initiations and start-up meetings.
9. Assist with financial management of studies to include accurate registration, processing invoices, and maintain payment files.
● Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a health related field.
● CCRP or CCRA must be achieved within 2 years of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Clinical research experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Statistical Reporting; Analyzing Trends; Statistical Analysis; Data Verification; Data Coding-General; Data Analysis/Interpretation. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Cancer Center Research
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.