Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 19938
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Direct and manage project development from beginning to end and seeing that it is completed successfully within the given deadline and budget. Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Develop full-scale project plans, financial plans, quality audit follow ups, and associated communications documents. In general this person is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of multiple, simultaneous projects ensuring consistency with UNCHCS strategy, commitments and goals.
1. Develops project plans, goals, and budgets identifies resources needed, develops schedules and methods for measuring results while maintaining optimum working relationships with all departmental units.
2. Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the assigned work. Identify issues and assist in developing strategies to address them prior to issues becoming critical. Keep senior management informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns.
3. Organizes/manages all phases of the projects to achieve schedule, cost and performance objectives, while maintaining the scope of the projects..
4. Prepares requests for proposals and conducts all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products. Assembles project team members assigns individual responsibilities and monitors project performance.
5. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications. Communicates with top-level management, project sponsors, and functional area managers/directors regarding status of specific projects. Produces project reports for the project sponsors and senior management.
6. Performs strategic analysis for the projects and develops objective means or status reports for assessing the status of the projects that are consisent with standard skills of project managers.
7. Coordinates effort and manages relationships with vendors and contractors necessary for any projects
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of professional experience in project management related experience.
● If Master's degree, two (2) years of professional experience in project management related experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HIM Denial and Audit Management
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.