Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 18580
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the management of the HCS Practice/service Access and provider/service/practice data integrity integral to referral management and overall, clinical integration. Responsibilities include program planning, operational analysis, problem resolution, personnel management and performance improvement. This position is the primary operations liaison with ISD/Cadence/Epic resources. This position is the HCS expert in template management to support HCS access and clinical integration goals.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Practice Access – Responsible for the management of template building, establishing and maintaining the HCS principles to ensure access to services, efficiency of scheduling, and supporting patient and interdepartmental direct scheduling. Supports scheduling/Cadence go-live for new Epic entities and focus on optimization of scheduling templates and implementation of the HCS standard.
2. Provider/Service Data Integrity - Ensures provider/service/practice data integrity integral to referral management and overall, clinical integration by developing best practices, monitoring referral trends, and leveraging tools and technologies. Directly supervises staff responsible for day to day management of the provider/practice data set.
3. Responsible for planning and leading system-wide Scheduling and Capacity management Outpatient Access Center initiatives with accountability for successful implementation of remote call center standards and protocols.
4. Directly manages non-clinical supervisors and leads to ensure proper process, quality, and performance adherence among all regions/pods within the Access Center.
5. Monitors department budget as assigned to ensure compliance with fiscal constraints. Keeps current on access innovations, new functionality/workflows, and system wide initiatives. Works in collaboration with other teams across the health system, including CAST (provider templates), OAC Nurse Connect (nurse triage), and other access center leaders across the system.
6. Provides weekly and monthly reporting analysis to the Direct of Patient Access outlining call center performance, quality adherence, and operational issues.
7. Utilizes Tableau, Epic reporting, telecommunications reports, call monitoring and other methods to engage stuff in process involvement activities that will enhance staff productivity, efficiency, and accuracy of information, creating a high performance team environment consistent with the values of the organization.
This job profile is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this profile.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Five (5) years of practice access, clinical integration or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Excellent organizational skills, able to manage multiple priorities by priority, Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail, Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision, Relationship building skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff, and contacts outside the organization
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Access Center - CASI
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville - Hybrid Remote Position
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.