Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 20302
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Job Summary: Manages Electrophysiology (EP) and Vascular Department ensures appropriate care and services are available to patients and families. Ensures adequate and appropriate clinical staffing, manages nursing, technologists and ancillary staff, performs annual performance reviews of staff, oversees quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues, and provides and facilitates an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, on-going unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Education - Create an educational environment conducive to learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for patients undergoing procedures in the Invasive Cardiology Department.
2. Finance - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes. Addresses budget variances.
3. People - Effectively manage human resources and create an environment conducive to staff recruitment and retention. Apply organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Conduct regularly recurring staff meetings that support the overall goals of the EP, Invasive Cardiology Department and the organization. Encourage staff to celebrate success, express ideas and identify opportunities for improvement. Support and mentor staff. Provide staff with ongoing performance feedback and the opportunity to set developmental goals. Insure adequate staffing of department.
4. Quality - Develop and implement quality initiatives in the EP and Invasive Cardiology Department that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care issues. Support reporting requirements including ACC, ICD registry and RACE. Participate on the Heart and Vascular Quality committee.
5. Service - Ongoing collaboration with Electrophysiologist, Cardiologist, and Vascular Surgeons. Responsible for communication and interaction with all internal and external customers related to the department. Aligns service line goals with organizational strategic direction.
Knowledge and skills:
Licensure/ Certification Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Heart and Vascular Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes