Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 20583
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Rex Hospital is seeking Contract Psychiatrists to join its inpatient consult team.
• Rex Psychiatry runs a busy and growing inpatient consult service at UNC Rex Healthcare, an award-winning, private, not-for-profit, ~500-bed member of the UNC Health system, with its flagship UNC Rex Hospital in Raleigh, and recently opened suburban satellite hospital in nearby Holly Springs.
• The service is primarily staffed on weekdays by a core group of hospital-employed psychiatrists, with contractors helping to supplement coverage during staff time off, weekends, holidays, etc. Contractors have always been a valued and integral part of our team, involved in the growth and development of the consult service; many members of our group have been part of our team for several years and consider it their second professional home!
• Our diverse team of experienced psychiatrists provides both emergency and consult-liaison psychiatry services for ED and admitted patients 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. The consult service interfaces closely with key provider groups (ED, hospitalist, intensivist, subspecialty services, and others) and is supported by case management and behavioral health staff who assist with inpatient psychiatric referrals, aftercare, patient/family education, and policy development and implementation.
• Patients are seen throughout the hospital, including the floors, ICUs, ED, and behavioral health observation unit—a specialized 8-bed, locked wing of the ED with private rooms, open common area, natural light from large windows, and dedicated nursing staff.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
• MD/DO, Board-certified
• Inpatient only
• Per diem plus per-patient pay structure
• EMR: Epic
• 8-hour shifts, 7 days/week available, with most open shifts on weekends, holidays, and some weekdays (for staff time off)
• Experience in consult-liaison psychiatry preferred
UNC Rex Hospital
Founded in 1894, UNC REX Healthcare (a member of UNC Health Care) is a private, not-for-profit health care system. For over 125 years, UNC REX has met the health care needs of our community by providing various services throughout Wake County. Rex Healthcare has multiple facilities located in Apex, Cary, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Wakefield, and Raleigh.
About the Community
Raleigh, Wake County, is the capital of the state of North Carolina. It is the second largest city in the state slightly behind Charlotte. The current 2020 population of Raleigh is 1,444,000, a 4.18% increase from 2019. Raleigh is centrally located to the mountains or beach within a couple of hours and hosts all 4 seasons. Living in Raleigh offers residents an urban suburban mix feel. Both the Raleigh-Durham and Research Triangle Park area host firms from technology to biotech and medical industry sized from large Fortune 500 high-tech companies to start ups. Raleigh encompass beautiful green spaces, family-friendly museums and a growing art and music scene defined monthly gallery walks, summer concerts and music festivals. The schools in Wake County Public School System earn high marks across the board, outperforming school districts across the state and nation in end-of-course and proficiency tests, SAT scores and other performance measuring criteria. Raleigh/Wake County is also a mecca for those seeking higher education.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.