Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 17640
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
A Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner (CPP) functions as part of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in accordance with privileges approved by the credentialing committee to provide high quality, cost effective care to patients in collaboration with a supervising physician and healthcare team.
UNC Hospitals (UNCH) Department of Pharmacy has an immediate opening for a highly-motivated pharmacist interested in joining our Pulmonary Specialty Clinic at Eastowne.
The successful Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner (CPP) will play an integral role in the management of adult patients cared for in the Pulmonary Specialty Clinic. The UNCH Pulmonary Specialty Clinic at Eastowne is a multidisciplinary clinic located in Chapel Hill which offers comprehensive pulmonary services. The Pulmonary CPP will join an existing CPP in serving as Advanced Practice Providers on the interdisciplinary health care team as well as providing clinical support to physicians, nurses, and other ancilliary staff. Pharmacy services will focus on adult cystic-fibrosis (CF) and non-CF bronchiectasis care with additional opportunities to expand care in adult pulmonology.
The successful candidate will also provide educational mentorship and experiential precepting to pharmacy students, Post-graduate Year 1 (PGY1), and Post-graduate Year 2 (PGY2) Pharmacy residents at UNCH Hospitals. Additionally, the Pulmonary CPP will work with the Department of Pharmacy to address institutional and departmental pharmacy-related quality improvement initiatives. Academic appointment at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy is also available commensurate with experience.
Completion of a PGY2 specialty residency in Ambulatory Care or an equivalent level of experience in clinical practice is preferred. Three to five years of practice experience in ambulatory care or pulmonology practice would be strongly preferred. The designation of Board Certification in Ambulatory Care or Pharmacotherapy and/or prior experience as a resident and student preceptor is preferred.
1. Clinical Responsibilities: Builds a clinical practice that collaborates with physicians and providers to care for clinic patients. Works closely with clinic physicians and providers to determine appropriate treatment plans. Provides longitudinal dosing and monitoring of appropriate regimens. Aligns daily practice with medication management goals set forth by the institution or pharmacy director, including medication use evaluations and medication reconciliation. Educates patients and families about their treatment plans and subsequent medication management including lab monitoring. Educates staff on guideline updates and practice advancements associated with this patient population. Manages toxicities and adverse effects caused by medication regimens for patients seen in the clinic. Manages transitions of care for patients from the acute to ambulatory care setting and vice versa.
2. Distributive Responsibilities:Identifies and enrolls eligible patients in specialty pharmacy services including UNC SSC Pharmacy, and serves as a contact for the clinic. Aligns daily responsibilities to support retail distributional operations. Conducts patient onboarding and follow-up phone calls to support Pharmacy Adherence Centered Therapy (PACT). Coordinates with the UNC SSC Pharmacy and the UNC Medication Assistance Program (MAP).
3. Precepting/Teaching/Scholarly activities: Educates UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy students and UNC Medical Center pharmacy residents on experiential rotations. Educates clinic staff on guideline updates and practice advancements. Serves as a standing committee member on select groups of committees within UNC Medical Center and/or Eshelman School of Pharmacy. Designs and implements projects. Conducts research; prepares and submits manuscripts for publication.
4. Leadership: Provides instruction to physicians, nurses, ancillaries, residents and/or students including but not limited to precepting, shadowing, lectures, in-services and CE. Develops programs/lectures and participates in community outreach programs. Leads quality improvement initiatives.
5. Quality: Engages in continuous quality improvement by identifying and implementing processes for improvement. Consults with management in assessment, problem-solving, decision-making, and evaluating clinical/system issues and models of care. Develops new clinical programs or services within the clinic/department to improve patient care.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● CPP must by a registered Pharmacist and licensed CPP in the state of NC. Credentialing and Privileging must be completed through the appropriate UNC HCS accrediting body as an APP prior to start date.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● North Carolina registered Pharmacist:. BS Pharmacy or Pharm D. BPS Certification or Geriatric Certification or ASHP residency program + 2 years of experience
● North Carolina Registered Pharmacist:. Pharm D. 3 years experience. 1 certificate program
● North Carolina Registered Pharmacist:. BS Pharmacy. 5 years experience. 2 certificate programs
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Retail Contract Pharmacie
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.