Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 21373
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC Division of Hematology/Oncology is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join our Adult Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular therapy program (BMTCTP). The APP will be responsible for covering patients on the inpatient bone marrow transplant unit (BMTU) and outpatient clinic on a rotating schedule. Additional duties include:
1) Clinical care: Providing assessment, triage, and therapeutic needs of the patient and family’s needs throughout the transplant process as part of an interdisciplinary care team.
2) Obtains detailed medical histories, performs physical examinations, reviews/orders diagnostic and therapeutic tests and imaging studies.
3) Formulates and manages patient treatment plans.
4) Prescribes therapies in accordance with institutional and state guidelines.
5) Coverage of adult BMTCTP patients in the NC Cancer Hospital oncology infusion center. This includes writing orders, interpreting findings, communicating with BMTCTP attending and implementing a plan of care.
6) Performing the following procedures: bone marrow biopsies, lumbar punctures with or without chemotherapy, skin biopsies, bone marrow harvest participation.
7) Document all care in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
8) As skills evolve, participate in Quality Improvement or Research projects.
9) Participate in Practice Based Learning and Improvement sessions monthly for six months and then every six months with the physician supervisor
10) There is access to and supervision by the on-call specialty-trained board-certified Adult BMT attending physician.
11) All APPs will receive formal on-boarding and continued practice assessments to learn, maintain, and continuously improve skills that are necessary for the job.
12) The APP continuously engages in projects that maintain and advance professional competency.
Prefer: Clinical working experience as an APP within the given specialty/service line, 3-5 years of experience in hematology/ oncology or bone marrow transplant, at least 1 year experience as an APP.
● Completion of an accredited graduate-level Advanced Practice Provider (APRN or PA) program.
● Licensed as an Advanced Practice Provider (i.e., Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Certified Nurse Midwife) in the state of North Carolina. Board certification if required by the Department.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrated clinical competency. Effective leadership skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively. Demonstrated written and verbal communication and strong analytical skills. Effective interaction to ensure the successful care of patients in the clinical setting. Documentation in the medical record to substantiate accurate billing.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Med Hematology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.