Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 22066
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position supervises both clinical and non – clinical staffing. Duties include assisting with annual performance review of staff, participation in quality improvement and lean initiatives to address identified safety or quality issues, monitoring of department revenue and expenses, development of budget, validating the value and fit of supply changes, maintaining inventory of supplies, and distribution and receiving function of supplies. Provides and facilitates an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, unit -based education and orientation of staff.
1.Supervises the daily supply and receiving function for the Operating and Procedure rooms. Oversees the par level management of utilization within Surgical Services and other procedural departments.
2. Supervises data entry activities to assure inventory accuracy.
3. Reconciles inventory to match the issues and receipts for department accountability.
4.Monitors department revenue and expenses within the established goals set by organizational budget.
5. Acts as a liaison between Patient Care Services and Materials Management.
6.Develops budget for fiscal year. Monitor operating and capital budget.
7. Communication and Relationships Works with peers to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implements processes to identify, implement and ensure standardization decisions occur with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities and creating solutions.
8. Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and effectively manage personnel and supplies. Evaluate efficiency of department procedures, workflow and operations. Evaluate vendor utilization and compliance periodically to ensure optimal supply management.
9.Anticipates the needs and forecasting of supplies for clinical areas.
10.Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals.
11. Ensures internal and external regulatory standards are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, Joint Commission, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Integrates current scientific evidence with standards of practice.
12. Leads and participates in quality improvement and Lean initiatives that focus on safety and quality of care deficits.
13.Assists in implementation of appropriate information technology systems to optimize network supply side management.
14. Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization.
● Bachelor's degree required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires five (5) years of experience with supply chain operations or systems and at least three (3) years of experience with data analytics. Prefer previous clinical experience and previous experience with process improvement or lean initiatives.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex OR Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.