Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 22390
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
The Staffing Response Team (SRT) is the Centralized Staffing Pool at UNC REX and Holly Springs Hospitals. The casual SRT RN floats between units at both the Rex and Holly Spring campuses. Casual SRT RNs are compensated based on the number of clinical groupings and the number of shifts per week they commit to working.
The Clinical groupings include:
There are 3 casual level of which to choose:
Level II: Requires SRT RN’s to work a minimum of two clinical grouping and a minimum of 12 hours per week.
Level III: Requires SRT RN’s to work three clinical groupings and a minimum of 12 hours per week to include one 12 hour weekend shift per six week schedule and one 12 hour holiday annually.
Level IV: Requires SRT RN’s to work a minimum of two clinical groupings and a minimum of 24 hours per week(2 twelve hour shifts), to include two 12 hour weekend shifts per six week schedule and two 12 hour holidays annually(one summer holiday and one winter holiday)
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs assessments, documents patient status, develops individualized plan of care, implements plan of care, evaluates status, and initiates patient education plans according to individualized needs of patient.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives. Utilizes PPID correctly. Responds promptly to all alarms. Follows fall prevention and skin care protocols. Utilizes the Safe Patient Handling equipment appropriately.
2. Assessments are timely and a holistic approach is utilized. Recognizes subtle patient changes, informs physicians and utilizes appropriate resources. Assures that delegated tasks are completed.
3. Documents patient's assessment, care provided and response to care according to procedure. Assures that all tasks delegated to others are documented correctly. Provides reports in a thorough and concise manner and utilizes SBAR format. Assesses patient's condition, including: biophysical, psychosocial and age specific needs.
4. Develops an individualized plan of care utilizing the nursing and medical diagnosis. Collaborates with other health care team members in formulating plan of care. Initiates the plan of care upon admission. Orders appropriate tasks in RCARE. Initiates consults and serves as an advocate to meet the patient's needs.
5. Implements the nursing plan of care on assigned patients. Reviews all diagnostic data and responds appropriately. Maintains a calm manner and works effectively at all times. Implements nursing interventions to prevent complications.
6. Evaluates patient's status, nursing instructions, appropriateness of the nursing plan of care and outcomes of the care provided. Updates and resolves the plan of care as appropriate.
7. Clarifies medication orders, as needed, prior to the end of shift. Medications are administered using two identifiers: patient name and medical record number. High alert medications are verified by a second nurse prior to administration. Medications are explained to the patient (name, action, side effects) prior to administration.
8. Initiates a patient's education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital procedure; includes patient and family instruction, as well as, discharge planning. Documents instruction and education to patient and family.
9. Recognizes, supports and utilizes evidence based nursing practice. Is aware of and follows Rex policies, procedures and protocols. Attends and completes all mandatory education.
10. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics, as demonstrated by professionalism, commitment to the patient, and accountability and responsibility for individual nursing practice.
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited School of Nursing preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● BCLS;RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of one year of current acute care hospital experience in the chosen clinical division desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other Rex staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Staffing Response Team
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.