Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 11191
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Implements and evaluates planned education, training and development programs and audits for the laboratory department.
1. Coordinates orientation of new employees and student laboratory rotations. Maintains orientation manuals and recommends changes. Standardizes education protocols among departments to include Suburban and offsite laboratories.
2. Works closely with leadership team, Laboratory Safety Officer, and Medical Director of Laboratory to assist in the process of identifying needs and planning education, training and development programs.
3. Implements and evaluates planned education, training and development programs.
4. Ensures regulatory/compliance readiness through education, updates and special focus.
5. Serves as the laboratory's representative for communication with assessors from outside regulatory agencies during assessments.
6. Creates policy and procedures; ensures that document control and the R: drive is kept current and correct.
7. Creates initiatives to increase compliance of core measures. Establishes and utilizes mechanisms for continuous quality improvements.
8. Develops and implements internal audits. Monitors and analyzes aggregated and comparative data; identifies potential performance improvements needs.
9. Research data for internal and external benchmarking and performance improvements. Assist staff in problem solving utilizing performance improvement methodologies.
10. Participates in root cause analysis and assist in follow up with manager and involved staff.
11. Serves as a liaison/facilitator with hospital departments, schools and committees. Serves as a liaison between phlebotomy schools, MT/MLT and CT schools and healthcare educators.
● Bachelor's degree in relevant field. from four-year college or university; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● ASCP , MT(AMT) , MT(ASCP)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree, two (2) years of related experience and/or training.
● If an Associate's degree, six (6) years of related experience and/or training.
● If a high school diploma, ten (10) years of related experience and/or training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Lab Administration
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.