Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 13356
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This is a remote position for someone living in the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health is seeking a Citrix Sr. Systems Engineer who will build, plan, and provide advanced technical support for its Citrix environment. Currently, the UNC Health Citrix Team supports multiple Citrix sites hosting 550 virtual applications, over 2,000 shared virtual desktop sessions, and approximately 20,000 con-current users. The position requires advanced knowledge of the support and implementation for the Citrix portfolio of products including Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix Provisioning Services, Citrix StoreFront, Citrix Studio, and Citrix Director. The Citrix Sr. Engineer will serve as a subject matter expert in support, planning, and implementation of Citrix rollout strategies for application and desktop virtualization for the health care system.
• Advanced knowledge and experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix Director, Citrix StoreFront, Citrix Provisioning Services, Citrix WEM, and associated infrastructure in a large, multi-site Citrix deployment.
• Experience maintaining Citrix deployments and associated infrastructure to current organization application and security standards through regular OS and application patching and infrastructure monitoring.
• Monitor the health of the Citrix infrastructure and user experience using tools such as Citrix Director, Citrix Studio, ExtraHop, and SolarWinds. Leverage monitoring tools to generate reports to assist Technical Architecture team and management with capacity planning.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with user profile management in Citrix using Citrix UPM and FSLogix for a consistent and improved user experience across virtual applications.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Group Policy and Citrix Workspace Environment Manager configuration management tools to streamline the Citrix user experience and improve user logon times.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Citrix StoreFront, including managing multiple StoreFront sites, alternative authentication techniques such as SAML, and 2FA solutions.
• Experience with PowerShell scripting to automate and streamline complex administrative tasks.
• Serve as a technical escalation point for troubleshooting and resolving advanced issues with Citrix infrastructure, virtual applications, and virtual desktops.
• Collaborate with the Technical Architecture team to evaluate, design, and deploy appropriate Citrix technology solutions for various applications using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix Provisioning Services, Workspace Environment Manager, and Citrix App Layering.
• Work collaboratively with other internal technical teams, application owners, and vendors to provide advanced technical consultation on build, implementation, and integration of Citrix with new and existing enterprise application solutions.
• Evaluate gaps between strategy and design to implement infrastructure and process enhancements in all aspects of Citrix systems implementations and workflows by identifying standard procedures, optimizations, automation, and process improvements.
• 5+ years of experience with Windows client/server networking including Windows domain and authentication, Active Directory, logon scripts, policies, client and network security, name resolution and time synchronization services.
• 5+ years of experience with server configuration and installation, performance and network monitoring tools, operating system upgrades and migrations, and strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software.
• 4+ years of experience with Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Storefront and PVS
Any of the following certifications: Microsoft (MCSE), ITIL certification, Citrix
• Experience with Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
• Experience with Citrix PVS
• Experience with Citrix Storefront
• Experience with Microsoft GPOs
• Experience with Authentication methods
• Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills and close attention to detail
• Advanced troubleshooting skills
• Good time management skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.