Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 14157
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Information Services Analyst enables one or many components of the end-to-end lifecycle of products and services for business functions across the health system. This includes but is not limited to planning, development, testing, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of new or existing functionality.
3rd Level Technical Support for all workstations and attached peripherals Lead resource for issue resolution Ability to lead discussions/meetings pertaining to issue resolution Documentation and Training of End User Staff Support of HCS Print Management Solution Liaison with print vendor on entity expansions
The Information Services Analyst also provides end-user technical enablement and support, which may include high-touch customer service, communications, and the creation of reusable knowledge assets such as documentation and training content.
The Information Services Analyst is an individual contributor that works under supervision.
Healthcare Products & Services - The Information Services Analyst supports products and services for business functions across the health system. They engage in technical support request fulfillment. They develop and maintain clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as troubleshooting. They update system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports, and interfaces. The Information Services Analyst approaches each new opportunity or challenge with the mindset of providing scalable, reusable, reliable, redundant, and recoverable systems and operations. If applicable to the role, Data Governance stewardship process participation is expected.
Communication and relationships - The Information Services Analyst supports departmental and organizational priorities in day-to-day work. They collaborate with team members to successfully complete assigned tasks, share knowledge openly. They communicate in a manner that is clear, concise, and politically and culturally sensitive.
Active Learner - Actively learns all of the aspects of the tools and technologies utilized by the organization. Seeks out opportunities to expand the depth of knowledge and understanding. Attends training, conferences and/or seminars that enhance personal growth.
● Requires Bachelor's degree
● No licensure or certification is required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's Degree in another field, requires three (3) years of experience.
● If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then no years of experience is required.
● If Master’s Degree, then one (1) year of experience is required.
● If an Associate's Degree, requires nine (9) years of experience.
● If High School Diploma, requires eleven (11) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● ENTRY- Basic Proficiency: You have a common knowledge or an understanding of the basic techniques or concepts associated with this competency
- Fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) of information systems
- Fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) of relational databases
- Fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) of SQL (for all positions except Research, Admin, and Interop)
- Understands the importance and has fundamental knowledge (basic proficiency) with leveraging existing reusable data sources for visualizations and analytics before creating their own. When creating new assets they have the ability to make it reusable, with help.
- Written and verbal communication skills (basic proficiency)
- Exemplifies UNC Health System Values
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD End User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.