Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 21508
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Maintains expert knowledge of Computrition to provide database management and first line support for Computrition. Provides training, support, and trouble-shooting for Computrition. Facilitates problem solving through communication with ISD. Uses excellent communication skills. Assists patients with menu selections, when needed, as part of At Your Service (AYS) assuring compliance with physician prescribed Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) according to the individualized needs. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others by maintaining Computrition database for allergies, restrictions, accuracy of ingredients, medical nutrition therapies, recipes, and food items.
2. Properly prepares patient nourishments and enteral nutrition products according to HACCP guidelines.
3. Maintains an up to date level of familiarity with Computrition software and various systems applications to include upgrades, updates, processes, and principles utilized with Computrition functionality. Provides quality control resulting in safe patient care related to meals. Participates in educational opportunities to keep current with Computrition.
4. Facilitates basic troubleshooting/connectivity issues for FNS management and co-workers. Responds to end-user inquiries and ensures they are informed on the status and progress of problems. Facilitates resolution, escalating problems to next level of support as needed.
5. Functions as Department Database Manager for Computrition. Enters and updates recipes, nutrition information, and other data. Builds patient menus for all designated MNT and organizes the MNT menu screens for ease of use when Nutrition Therapy Office personnel are taking calls from patients.
6. Assists patients with menu selections, when needed, as part of AYS assuring compliance with physician prescribed MNT according to the individualized needs of the patient with full consideration of patient safety. Ensures correct menu item selection for MNT on AYS orders. Answers the telephone, taking messages and relaying information as needed. This includes answering the patient menu line for the AYS ordering. Provides troubleshooting of patient meal problems to include referring patients in need of assistance to a registered dietitian.
7. Trains FNS employees as needed on Computrition and takes the lead in orienting and training new Nutrition Assistants.
8. Maintains accurate reports and updates such as patients not appropriate to use AYS (NAPS), patients who have missed 2 meals, required meal counts, etc. Conducts Performance Improvement monitoring, measuring and tracking results using specified indicators.
● AOS/AAS or Bachelors in computer science or related field preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least 2 years computer related experience and/or training in a nutrition care setting or equivalent. Specialized Computrition information systems training and customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to patients, families, and other employees of Rex Healthcare. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex FNS Main
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.