Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 20211
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for performing a variety of complex duties in support of price transparency through the estimate process. This position works with other members of the Estimate creation team to identify areas for improvement with regards to service cost estimates. Participates in and provides direction for staff training and auditing processes to ensure consistency and quality. Requires substantial knowledge of insurance carrier policies, HB and PB procedures, billing, and practices necessary to create and revise cost estimates. Participates and assists in special projects. Assists new or existing staff with training or techniques to increase production and quality as well as provide support for team members that may be absent or backlogged. Perform all duties in a manner which promotes teamwork and reflects UNC Health Care’s mission and philosophy.
1. Training – supporting new and existing employees with implementing processes
2. Auditing – reviewing work to verify quality /providing feedback to users
3. Communication – outreach to team members, clinic staff, and patients
● High school diploma or GED.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in Hospital or Physician Insurance related activities (Authorization, Billing, Follow-Up, Call-Center, or Collections).
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Intermediate technical skills including PC and MS Outlook.
● Advanced knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and EITHER or BOTH the UB-04 for Hospital Billing or the HCFA 1500 for Professional Billing
● Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes.
● Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and insurance terminology.
● Extensive knowledge of 3rd party reimbursements from insurance companies and government payers is a plus.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Pre-Arrival Unit
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.