Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 20211
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for performing a variety of complex duties in support of price transparency through the estimate process. This position works with other members of the Estimate creation team to identify areas for improvement with regards to service cost estimates. Participates in and provides direction for staff training and auditing processes to ensure consistency and quality. Requires substantial knowledge of insurance carrier policies, HB and PB procedures, billing, and practices necessary to create and revise cost estimates. Participates and assists in special projects. Assists new or existing staff with training or techniques to increase production and quality as well as provide support for team members that may be absent or backlogged. Perform all duties in a manner which promotes teamwork and reflects UNC Health Care’s mission and philosophy.
1. Training – supporting new and existing employees with implementing processes
2. Auditing – reviewing work to verify quality /providing feedback to users
3. Communication – outreach to team members, clinic staff, and patients
● High school diploma or GED.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in Hospital or Physician Insurance related activities (Authorization, Billing, Follow-Up, Call-Center, or Collections).
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Intermediate technical skills including PC and MS Outlook.
● Advanced knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and EITHER or BOTH the UB-04 for Hospital Billing or the HCFA 1500 for Professional Billing
● Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes.
● Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and insurance terminology.
● Extensive knowledge of 3rd party reimbursements from insurance companies and government payers is a plus.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Pre-Arrival Unit
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.