Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 22854
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position functions as the first level of guidance for the HIM Operations Staff as they deliver high quality service and support to our customers. This position is responsible for the staff performing all aspects of document imaging (including prep, scan, index, import, QA, and decentralized QA), chart analysis & physician relations, and release of information by providing leadership for workflow management, and by training, monitoring & ensuring staff feedback. They will work cooperatively with all HIM leadership, staff, physicians, and other internal/external customers to ensure goals are met and quality targets are reached and maintained. This position is required to cover all shifts including less than desirable shifts in order to provide the proper support to HIM
1. Provides direction and oversight to subordinates. Creates work schedules and triages work.assignments. Expected to source alternative coverage due to absences, FLMA, etc. They are responsible for ensuring the work is completed and on schedule.
2. Assist with the coordination and prioritization of all HIM Operations functions related to document imaging, chart completion/physician relations, and release of information.
3. Possess expertise in all HIM Operations applications and job duties and acts as primary resource for problem investigation and resolution. Have to be proficient on all chart types (Emergency Room, Inpatient, Outpatient, etc). Assists with suspension process. Address physician complaints and concerns. Responsible for addressing subpoenas and legal requests.
4. Possess expertise in all HIM Operations applications and job duties and acts as primary resource for problem investigation and resolution. Have to be proficient on all chart types (Emergency Room, Inpatient, Outpatient, etc). Assists with suspension process. Address physician complaints and concerns. Responsible for addressing subpoenas and legal requests.
5. Serves as a mentor for new employees and assists HIM Supervisor with orientation, training, and retraining of new departmental employees.
6. Ensures that the delivery of services to customers (both internal and external) are appropriate and in accordance with established policies, procedures, and objectives.
7. Performs date entry functions, generates automated reports, and processes audits using department specific software when needed.
8. Collaborates with other team management to ensure optimal efficiency throughout the area. Responsible for performing employee audits at least once a month as well as any additional work audits required. Must provide feedback to the employees on documentation imaging, chart completion, and ROI improvements.
9. Assists in the development, writing, and updating of HIM Operations policies and procedures.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of general medical record experience with a minimum or one (1) year of HIM experience within the UNC Health Care System.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
The ideal candidate would possess of 4 years progressive experience in a clerical, administrative or office management role. This candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office and work independently.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: HIM Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.