Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 22004
Location: Garner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
The scribe is a person who is present during a provider's performance of clinical services, and who documents in the medical record on behalf of the provider, what was said during the course of the service , as well as, the activities performed by the provider.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Enter data into the electronic medical record, ensuring the EMR is complete and accurate.
3. Gather and document clinical information from other current or historical records under the direction of the provider.
4. Perform other duties that improve the efficiency of the provider such as, assisting with medication reconciliation, documenting procedures, and providing communication assistance (message to other providers, scanning, printing or copying medical records).
5. Must complete annual HIPPA, patient confidentiality and scribe training requirements and sign a confidentiality agreement.
● High School diploma or GED.
● Prefer CMA
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Medical terminology education, CNA, CMA or other medical experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Complex Care at Garner
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Garner
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No