Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 20783
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
*This position qualifies for a $10,000 commitment incentive, paid in six (6) equal installments over a three (3) year commitment. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work completed. Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-medical-center-unc-faculty-physicians-outpatient-commitment-incentive-program
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC Center for Transplant Care is currently recruiting for a Post Heart Transplant Nurse Coordinator to join our collaborative team. We are seeking a team player who is eager to learn and grow in a professionally enriching environment. The Transplant Nurse Coordinator position offers many opportunities for relationship building, continuing education, leadership skill development and working autonomously while serving as a valued member of a diverse multidisciplinary team. Our “One Great Team” demonstrates a strong focus on continuous quality improvement and patient safety.This position includes rotating on-call responsibilities and offers opportunities for intermittent work from home
1. Collaborates with the transplant program administrator in short, intermediate, and long range planning for the transplant program through regularly scheduled staff and individual program meetings
2. Continuous Quality Improvement. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the transplant program?s CQI efforts that focus on maximizing the outcomes for both patient and graft survival. Reviews patient resource utilization with administrative and clinical staff to identify areas for improvement. Participates in the development and improvement of clinical pathways.
3. Education. Educates patients and their families about the transplant process and what to expect during each phase of the transplant. Responsible for planning and acquiring or designing educational materials, and presenting educational programs to patients and staff, other professionals, the community and outside agencies.
4. Patient Care-- Oversees and/or coordinates the clinical, phychosocial and financial needs of the transplant patient. Coordinates pre-operative tests and consults to determine transplant candidacy and maintains the program's waiting list which includes providing regular follow up on patient status while waiting for transplant. Facilitates transplant by organizing patient and transplant team. Monitors inpatient status, discharge needs and followup care per program standards
5. Regulatory compliance--documents and maintains patient transplant information in the electronic medical record with current data and required information to ensure regulatory compliance.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of professional nursing experience to include two (2) years in transplant, critical care, disease specific area.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Heart Post-Transplant
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.