Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 18521
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Provides the highest-level technical expertise in the development, modification and implementation of software systems designed to support new or existing business, clinical, and/or administrative computerized needs across the health care system. Responsible for all technical phases of projects and regularly lead entire projects that involve multiple departments and entities.
1. Develops project plans, prepares estimates of labor hours, tracks tasks and project status, prepares reports. Audits the progress of less experienced staff. Ensures deadlines and quality standards are met.
2. Leads activities as a technical expert in highly specialized areas of applications development. Provides leadership and direction to project team and technical team with regards to computer application or database management systems implementation, design, analysis, programming and support. Responsible for system design.
3. Leads the formulation, definition, and detail development of application system scope and objectives. Performs hands on technical assignments, which include coding development, problem resolution, and design within project.
4. Provides database system design and engineering support to application development staff including table design, performance optimization, adaptability engineering, and application troubleshooting.
5. Provides direction to project team and technical team involved with computer database management systems implementation, design, and support. Coordinates activities of other technical staff and leads development for complex systems design and problems.
Preferred: Experience with BD Pyxis ES system.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Eight (8) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis.
● If an Associate's degree: Twelve (12) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Sixteen (16) years of progressive experience in computer programming and applications analysis.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Clinical Systems
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.