Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 22715
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs professional level accounting and business functions in centralized Accounting offices or performs institutional functions in a department that are of an accounting or business nature. Incumbents work under the general direction of an administrative superior, independently handling a wide variety of accounting support activities.
1. Analyzes and interprets data, reports, etc. and makes recommendations based upon results of analysis. Formats reports in easily understood tables or graphs for the purpose of explaining and supporting financial standings or operational decisions.
2. Analyzes financial and operational (Staffing, Administrative, etc. ) trends, prepares budgetary recommendations and provides supporting analysis and guidance to managers to help establish goals and objectives for the work unit or department. Participates in CQI initiatives by interpreting data and making recommendations for operational improvements.
3. Communicates and interprets results of data analysis and/or makes recommendations to other UNCHCS staff, insurance companies, outside agencies, vendors, etc.
4. Maintains and reviews various databases of financial information as received from various sources throughout the Health Care System. Analyzes and ensures integrity of data with regard to GAAP or regulatory guidelines. Brings anomalies and corrective guidance to the attention of appropriate individuals.
5. May provide daily operational or processing guidance to lower level accounting support staff
6. Perform professional accounting functions to ensure compliance with GAAP and state and federal regulations on an institutional basis.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: No prior experience required.
● If an Associate's degree: Two (2) years of experience in accounting or auditing .
● If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) years of experience as an Accounting Technician, including three (3) years of experience at an advanced level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: HA Central Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.