Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 20861
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the overall management of revenue cycle patient access operations within assigned region including strategic planning, capital and operational budgeting, financial analysis, key metric development and management, regulatory compliance, problem resolution, personnel management, and performance improvement. Patient access operations may include, but is not limited to admissions/registration, emergency department registration, financial counseling, cashiering, financial assistance, and Medicaid eligibility.
1. Human Resources: Selects, trains, evaluates, and counsels management personnel fostering a positive, supportive culture that minimizes employee turnover. Dynamic interpretation and application of rules and regulations relative to revenue cycle functions for designated operational areas. Create and maintain work plans providing timely and relevant feedback to supervisors and subordinate employees. Provides guidance and direction to employees in complex cases. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers and employs methods to promote employee satisfaction. Create data-supported staffing models to effectively balance quality data capture, point of service collections, and patient throughput.
2. Regulatory: Maintains familiarity with applicable Federal and State rules and regulations. Develop and maintain policy and procedure to ensure compliance. Develop and successfully implement improvement plans, when necessary to resume compliance.
3. Strategic Planning: Analyze planned and sentinel events to develop strategies for improvement. Routinely evaluate industry and market forces to provide recommendations for new and/or evolving business development and/or improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
4. Metric Management/Performance Improvement: Develop, monitor, and report metrics. Set goals and objectives. Develop and implement processes and procedures to reach and exceed goals.
5. Operations: Actively participate and collaborate among entities and departments promoting performance improvement and patient satisfaction. Prioritize and communicate initiatives. Maintain subject matter expertise in all information systems necessary to lead, implement, and support business processes. Prepare and report operational data.
6. Budget: Preparation and defense of capital and operational budgets. Adherence with approved budget. Monitor and analyze budgetary trends to make necessary adjustments to ensure budget projections are met. Proactive communication of unintended variances with plans for mitigation.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● Master’s degree strongly preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of related experience, with at least five (5) years of management experience tied to Revenue Cycle, health care, or finance.
● Prior experience in a multi-location health system environment preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Medicaid Eligibility
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC: Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.