Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 21566
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Looking for an energetic, positive person to join the UNC Surgical Services Business Office to serve as a Materials Analyst. Maintain large consignment inventory of specialized implants. Focus on tissue management and reconciliations. Work closely with surgeons offices for patient specific implants and keep weekly log. Will also be involved in monthly Surgical Value Analysis Committee (SVAC). This position requires excellent customer service & communication skills. This job will require a knowledge of the OR and surgical implants, multitasking, initiative & ability to adapt to changes in work environment & service needs. Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the Director or Business Manager.
This is a 40 hour a week, and this position qualifies for a generous State benefit package.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Materials Analyst for Surgical Services manages the supply requests and agenda for the SSPC - Surgical Services Product Committee. This position works with and negotiates with vendor representatives, in coordination with Purchasing and the O.R. Business Office, to determine the best value for the hospital consistent with our quality of care standards and protocols.
1. Coordinates activities necessary for staff education of all new products and equipment. Provides ongoing support. Serves as clinical resource and role model.
2. CPT and HCPCS code support for patient charges. Updates to CPM on supply charges for HCPCS codes. Annual updates for CPT changes. Annual Base Fee Analysis on the cost of non-chargeable supplies per Base Code per Surgical Service. Provide management ad hoc reports of activities including financial outcomes.
3. Serve as project manager for the Surgical Services Product Committee. Manages the supply requests, the meeting agenda & minutes and follow-up in the O.R. Business Office. Tracks all SSPC decisions, follows up on supply evaluations and trials, communicates back to the clinical team and surgeons on the results. Coordinate and direct conversion activities, e.g. determine optimum time for staff education on new products to coincide with arrival of new products. Acts as liaison between the clinical areas of the hospital and the business function. Serves as the """"go to"""" person when either the clinical side or the business side has to resolve operational issues related to products, contracts, and the administration of patient care.
4. Supports cost containment goals of UNC Health Care by researching and gathering data for product standardization and utlization and implementing approved products and contracts. Works and negotiates with vendors in coordination with purchasing and the OR business office to determine the best value for the hospital consistent with our quality of care standards and protocols.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's Degree, three (3) years of operating room or materials management experience.
● If an Associate's Degree, seven (7) years of operating room or materials management experience.
● If a high school diploma, eleven (11) years of operating room or materials management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Working knowledge of business analysis tools, third party report writing tools & MS Office (Excel) products highly desirable.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Surgical Support Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.