Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 23155
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill is hiring a full-time Senior Financial Analyst to join their team! This role offers plenty of support for new employees, including a mentor and a collaborative environment to bounce ideas off of and brainstorm with. Most work can be done remotely currently with in-person training and team building, but may eventually be a hybrid position. There is plenty of room for growth and learning opportunities. In this role you would conduct analysis including variance analysis, and work with clinical leadership on budgeting, to start with. This opportunity not only provides a great learning environment, but also state benefits and state retirement! If you are looking for a challenging yet highly rewarding financial role, we invite you to learn more by applying!
Plans, develops and coordinates the preparation of budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information. Performs complex and specialized assignments in area of expertise. Performs lead role in coordinating complex projects.
1. Assists in the development, implementation and management of financial systems, cost accounting systems and/or financial policies and procedures.
2. Develops complex financial reports and analysis for senior management and external agencies. Presents reports to senior management or committees. Prepares complex charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
3. Maintain communication with assigned department managers and administrative staff in the preparation and analysis of complex financial reports, to provide information and to resolve complex problems concerning variances from approved budget. Provide technical support to assigned departments regarding budgeting system and procedures.
4. Monitors and analyzes budget expenditures and prepares reports and analysis on trends. Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned departments. Analyzes and evaluates departmental budget requests to prepare budgetary documents, reports, and recommendations. Presents fiscal data of assigned departments at budget hearings.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP, GASB, and FASB.
6. Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation and reports relating to assigned areas. Recommends operational procedures and ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
*MBA or CPA preferred; hybrid work schedule
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Six (6) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
● If an Associate's degree: Ten (10) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Fourteen (14) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
● If a Master's degree: Two (2) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation, analyze and audit data.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Operational Finance Team
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.