Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 22201
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Participates in the preparation of budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information. Responsible for analytical studies, including reviewing budget requests and recommending changes to achieve goals and objectives.
1. Maintain communication with assigned department managers and administrative staff in the preparation and analysis of financial reports, to provide information and to resolve problems concerning variances from approved budget. Provide technical support to assigned departments regarding budgeting system and procedures.
2. Monitors and analyzes budget expenditures and prepares reports and analysis on trends. Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned departments. Analyzes and evaluates departmental budget requests to prepare budgetary documents, reports, and recommendations. Attends budget hearings and as needed presents fiscal data of assigned departments.
3. Prepares and coordinates distribution of financial reports and analysis for management and external agencies. May present reports to management or committees. Prepares charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
4. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP, GASB, and FASB.
5. Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation and reports relating to assigned areas. Recommends operational procedures and ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Public Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in public accounting or management of an operational unit.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation, analyze and audit data.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Finance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.