Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 22264
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
UNC Rex Healthcare’s Pharmacy Team has an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual interested in providing patient care to our decentralized clinical pharmacy services which may include Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology and Surgery.
The Clinical Pharmacist will work in a multidisciplinary environment alongside our inpatient care teams. The position will provide pharmacotherapy services, medication profile review, response to drug information questions, and order verification. This individual will precept students and residents in the PGY1 pharmacy residency programs. This individual will play an active role in the continued development of the decentralized clinical pharmacy services. In addition, this person will work closely with other members of the Department of Pharmacy to address any needs that might arise and that require this person’s qualifications and/or expertise.
Hours: Variable, rotating days and evenings
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide recommendations to optimize medication regimens
• Review and interpret orders to assure accuracy and appropriateness
• Assess relevant patient data, in conjunction with prescribed therapies, and make appropriate pharmaceutical care interventions
• Promote and demonstrate rational, cost-effective drug therapy
• Provide antimicrobial management
• Provide pharmacist support to inpatient nursing units
• Counsel patients and appropriate family members regarding pharmaceutical care issues and lifestyle modifications
• Adverse Drug Event and Medication Error Reporting
• Staff education
• Code Blue participation
• Precept pharmacy students and residents
• Respond to drug information requests
• Protocol and guideline development
• Participation in research and quality improvement initiatives
• Representation on hospital or departmental committees
• Adhere to federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations
The designation of Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) and completion of a PGY1 and PGY2 residency or an equivalent level of pharmacy experience is preferred.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex IP Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes