Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 24615
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Strategic Quality Improvement Coaching team within Practice Quality and Innovation seeks an individual who will improve quality and organizational excellence through support of process improvement initiatives. This position will support our aim of enhancing health and well-being through the development and delivery of scalable strategies, solutions, and tools. As a Quality Improvement Coach, this individual will contribute to the development and sustainment of frameworks for educating customers and supporting clinics throughout the UNC Healthcare system with quality improvement strategies.
1. Provides quality and organizational excellence through support of process improvement initiatives. Performs in-depth problem solving, independent decision-making and coordination of quality programs. Utilizes quality/process improvement tools, methodologies and technologies to solve business problems and enhance operations.
2. Customer Service-Demonstrates customer service qualities that instill confidence. Mentors others on how to provide the highest level of customer service. Effectively follows up and closes all issues assigned or identifies issues to management with recommendations on how to proceed.
3. Measurement & Analysis-Holds regular discussions with leaders to understand processes and conduct improvement projects. Functions as a coach/consultant to assist departments in defining, measuring and analyzing problems.
4. Problem Solving & Implementation-Handles multi-department design and implementation conflicts and work to resolution. Ensures that user departments have provided input and have sense of ownership for final solution. Implements decisions and spreads best practice. Responsible for spread and adoption of initiatives.
5. Project Management-Provides project leadership, direction, coaching and facilitation across multiple departments. Capable of leading projects to successful completion. Identifies and resolves project issues involving resource constraints, project delays, and conflicts through effective communications and negotiations with project and executive sponsors. Manages project resources to ensure fiscal responsibility. Key participant in ?operations? committees.
6. Tools, Methodologies & Technologies-Develops and implements solutions using most appropriate tools, methodologies and technologies (TM&T). Proficient in the TM&T and how to apply them for business benefit. Mentors others in learning how to effectively use and apply TM&T.
The ideal candidate will:
• have project management and/or Lean Six Sigma experience
• have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as clinicians, care teams, and administrators
• have experience providing guidance and training to teams through written and visual communication as well as through in-person or virtual group sessions
• be comfortable planning and managing events both in-person and virtually • develop, deploy, and coordinate ad-hoc projects as needed to improve performance, both internally and with a system-wide scope
• be creative, well-spoken, and articulate in order to effectively communicate and build relationships with the team and our clients
• have intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Suite • be able to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a dynamic fast-paced environment, while maintaining a keen eye for detail
• work well in a team environment, but also able to work independently and be results driven • innovate by thoughtfully experimenting and re-imagining traditional solutions to create and facilitate a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration designed to empower and connect co-workers and clinical staff as One UNC Health Community
• have the ability to create and maintain resources and deliverables for new and ongoing initiatives
• have experience with data visualization, graphic design, and/or video editing (Sharepoint and/or Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus!)
• have experience within a clinic or medical center environment
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (or health care licensure).
● No licensure or certification required.
● Health care licensure is required if absence of a Bachelor's degree.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If an Associates Degree: Five (5) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If a health care licensure: Prior experience leading advanced process improvement and quality initiatives.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Change Management and Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.