Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 24679
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Audiologist is responsible for administering various diagnostic audiological tests which include comprehensive audiologic evaluations, hearing aid testing and evaluation, selection and fitting to all populations, electrophysiological testing, and balance testing. The Audiologist is responsible to counsel patients regarding outcomes and communicate those effectively to the ENT physicians when necessary. The Audiologist also discusses rehabilitative options that best meet the patient's hearing health care needs.
Why work at UNC ENT at Nash?
- We are centrally located between the NC beaches and NC mountains
- We are willing to do part-time/PRN vs. full-time.
- We offer full audiology services including VNGs, ABRs, balance testing, and hearing aids
- We are the only ENT office in our city and have 5 ENT providers.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Performs comprehensive audiologic evaluations, balance assessments, and electrophysiological tests.
3. Provides amplification services including, hearing aid assessment testing, and real ear measurements.
4. Consults with and makes recommendation on hearing disorders to physicians.
5. Coordinates care with physicians and other providers.
6. Completes chart notes for each patient seen and sends written report to referring physician and primary care physician.
● Requires AuD or Masters degree in Audiology with continuous active certificate.
● CCC-A;ST NC LIC;BCLS;Audiolgist
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of hands-on clinical Audiology/Hearing Aid Dispenser experience (this can include graduate school experience).
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales, and problem solving skills. Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience. Must be able to organize time and prioritize numerous duties. Must deal with customers in a caring and respectful manner.
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 37.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Rocky Mount
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.