Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 24659
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides education and communication on clinical research activities and ensures compliance for all studies by following protocols and procedures.
1. Review research protocols to determine availability of resources, subjects and equipment needs.
2. Educates patients and families about clinical trials, potential benefits and goals of clinical research.
3. Communicates to physicians and other staff concerning protocols that are open to enrollment
4. Obtain written informed consent with appropriate HIPAA authorization from each patient prior to study enrollment
5. Conducts study as outlined by protocol.
6. Follows established guidelines in the collection of data.
7. Ensures regulatory compliance for each study by following IRB policies and procedures, study requirements, federal regulations, etc.
8. Participate in sponsor audits and/or regulatory inspections of records and documents (e.g. FDA, CLGB/NSABP)
● Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing. Master's preferred.
● RN NC LIC;BCLS
● Preferred: OCN RN
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Clinical research experience preferred. Minimum of 2 years oncology experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. STATISTICAL REPORTING; ANALYZE TRENDS; STATISTICAL ANALYSIS; DATA VERIFICATION; DATA CODING-GENERAL; DATA ANALYSIS/INTERPRETATION. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NC HandV Research
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.