Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 24795
Location: Lumberton, NC
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This is your mission field. UNC Health Southeastern's Gibson Cancer Center, seeks a mission-minded Hematologist Oncologist to join our COC accredited comprehensive cancer center, caring for one of the most diverse regions of North Carolina. We offer the peace of mind that you are using your gifts to make a difference, while enjoying support from both UNC Health & Duke Health, both two hours away, and gorgeous coastal escapes within an hour.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE SERVING WHERE THE NEED IS GREATEST
• Compassionate team of four Hem/Onc physicians, a Radiation Oncologist, three APPs, and 100+ support staff
• Full-time opportunity, M-F, 8am-5pm, outpatient only
• Recently constructed 35,000 sq ft Cancer Center offers 2 linear accelerators, a fixed PET Scanner, on-site infusions, laser pointer technology , clinical trials and support services
• Established in 1995, the Gibson Cancer Center , a well regarded resource in this underserved and diverse community, serves over 180 patients/day. The new Hem/Onc Physician can expect to see 18-20 patients/day.
• Weekly Tumor Board offers multidisciplinary collaboration
• Employed by UNC Health Southeastern offering competitive base with wRVU bonus, attractive signing bonus, relocation, CME, malpractice insurance coverage, excellent benefits package includes top-notch medical, retirement and much more!
• Licensed DO/MD in NC or eligible
• BE/BC in Hematology and Oncology
• Must meet criteria for medical staff credentials at UNC Health Southeastern
North Carolina, a popular inward bound state for young professionals, families and retirees, boasts a top –notch quality of life with a low cost of living. From the Great Smoky Mountains to the Outer Banks, with four unique seasons, North Carolina is an outdoor wonderland. We are home to the Research Triangle Park and some of the best public and private colleges in the country, yielding a solid job market and economy, college and professional sports, a fabulous food and drink scene, and diverse cultural opportunities. Our southern charm is the cherry on top!
Located in Robeson County, Lumberton, North Carolina is ideally located on I-95 just 20 minutes north of the South Carolina border. Lumberton is one-and-a-half hours from Raleigh and two-and-a-half hours from Charlotte. Popular beach cities, such as Myrtle Beach, are an hour away! The city is full of history, culture and fun. Hike or bike on the Riverwalk near Historic Downtown, canoe down the Lumber River and enjoy the local festivals and downtown events.
UNC Health Southeastern is a non-profit, comprehensive health care system, with a market draw of 175K. UNC Health Southeastern licensed for 452 beds offers a combination of acute care, intensive care and psychiatric services to more than 15,000 inpatients and 61,000 emergency patients annually. Southeastern is proud to have a large group of medical students and three residency programs operating and rotating on our campus and 30+ clinics.
UNC Health is an award-winning, not-for-profit integrated health care system committed to delivering state-of-the-art health care and outstanding service to patients. North Carolina’s largest academic health system, we proactively focus on healthy-based, personalized care while we change the course of people’s lives. Headquartered in Chapel Hill and affiliated with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, UNC Health currently comprises UNC Hospitals and its provider network, fourteen hospitals and eighteen hospital campuses statewide.
CONTACT: Cindy Leonard, Network Physician Recruiter
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.