Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 24616
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
About Cary Orthopaedic:
Cary Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Specialists is 14-physician single-specialty surgical Orthopaedic practice in one of the fastest growing and most appealing areas in the country. Cary, NC is between Raleigh to the East and Research Triangle Park to the West. Our practice opened in 1981 and was privately held until April 2021, when due to growth opportunities and market forces, we became part of UNC Health. There are currently three office locations (Cary, Morrisville, Holly Springs) and we serve the newly opened UNC Rex Hospital in Holly Springs, NC. Associated projects include commercial office building development and ancillaries (MRI, DME, Physical Therapy, and two outpatient surgery centers). Our website is CaryOrtho.com.
Practice Administrator Job Summary:
In partnership with the Practice Physician Leadership, the Practice Administrator:
• Develops comprehensive programs to ensure the delivery of quality health care in each clinic.
• Oversees development and management of practice growth opportunities (commercial properties, ancillary profit-centers, etc.). Develops and implements an overall strategy for practice marketing and growth. Conducts ongoing program evaluation to ensure fiscal, strategic and service outcomes are met.
• Maintains and develops strong administrative relationships with senior UNC Health management.
• Manages and maintains corporate human resource systems and programs that effectively recruit, hire, train, evaluate, supervise, and retain skilled employees.
• Ensures the financial viability and health of the practice through diligent monitoring, reporting, and implementation of financial systems, including P&L management, budgeting, revenue cycle and cash management.
• Provides regular feedback to Physician Leadership.
• Coordinates the recruitment, selection, and on-boarding activities of new personnel.
• Maintains complete employee personnel records in accordance with corporate, industry and regulatory requirements, standards and laws.
• Implements and monitors employee performance within the Practice. Completes performance evaluations for subordinates annually. Timely and effectively rewards and disciplines employees; responds to employee complaints and issues in accordance with Practice policies and procedures.
• Ensures identified staff educational training requirements are met. Responsible for staff orientation, annual training and compliance with all safety procedures, including conducting emergency drills on a periodic basis.
Education Requirements and Experience:
Master's degree in Business Administration. A minimum of three years healthcare experience, preferably including management of outpatient medical facilities. Familiarity with medical practice management applications, EMR systems (currently on Epic), Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Powerpoint.
Legal Employer: GP2
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Central Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.