Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 24751
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position creates innovative concepts and design strategies; develops computer generated artwork and layouts; and produces creative original designs for all communication mediums and channels.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Creates innovative concepts and design strategies; develops computer generated artwork and layouts; and produces creative original designs for all communication mediums and channels.
2. Collaborates with cross functional teams and clients to analyze needs, provide expert technical guidance, plan creative production strategies and provide high-quality, cost-effective solutions for design and completion of individual projects and cross-platform campaigns.
3. Provides direction and creativity to vendor agencies in determining appropriate strategies, distribution channels and communication vehicles to reach the identified target markets.
4. Analyzes, plans and coordinates production and finishing processes; inspects proofs for accuracy; and adheres to appropriate corporate and production standards.
5. Coordinates branding strategies for communication materials in compliance with corporate logo and standards and develops logo artwork for corporate entities.
6. Independently manages digital message system functions including vendor relations, programming structure, scheduling, and creating custom messages. Provides system training and technical support for users.
7. Manages photo/video storage library for the department.
8. Seeks out and makes recommendations for new software, tools, trends and techniques to help keep the organization's print and digital initiatives current and innovative.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, preferably in graphic design or a related field.
Advanced knowledge of and aptitude for various technical and creative software applications, tools and equipment. Must have knowledge of Advanced Adobe Creative Suite CS4 or later versions and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
● Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) year of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Integrated Communications
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.