Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 24908
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides patient care services within the scope of practice for the licensed provider.
This position will serve at UNC’s onsite corporate health center @ Cisco RTP. LifeConnections is a integrative medical practice which offers primary care, optometry, physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, counseling, health coaching and Psychiatry services all working in collaboration to deliver whole person care.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Greet patients in a timely and friendly manner and escort patients to the optometry suite.
3. Prepare patients for tests by directing and seating patients at eye testing machines and explanation of those tests.
4. Gather preliminary data for the optometrist through patient pre-test; ask for chief complaint, gather patient’s medical/ocular/family history, measure visual acuity, intraocular pressure, visual fields, color vision, depth perception, blood pressure and obtain retinal photography.
5. Accurately record results of patient pretest into Officemate, the vision electronic medical record.
6. Access Epic electronic medical record to schedule, confirm and update and reschedule appointments as necessary.
7. Verify vision benefits prior to exam. Submit claims for processing following the eye examination
8. Post payments explanation of payment to ledger and reconcile monthly.
9. Answers phones, directs calls and assists with other health center patient needs as requested by center manager.
● High School diploma required.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If graduation from an accredited CoA-OMP or CMA (Canadian Medical Association) training program: One (1) year of clinical experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Three (3) years of clinical experience with direct patient care.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. IT Skills: Ability to work effectively in Word, Excel and various report writing programs. Ability to create reports, analyze data and make sound business decisions based on appropriate information sources. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Cisco LifeConnections
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.