Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 23599
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides quality and organizational excellence through support of process improvement initiatives. Performs in-depth problem solving, independent decision-making and coordination of quality programs. Utilizes quality/process improvement tools, methodologies and technologies to solve business problems and enhance operations.
1. Provides quality and organizational excellence through support of process improvement initiatives. Performs in-depth problem solving, independent decision-making and coordination of quality programs. Utilizes quality/process improvement tools, methodologies and technologies to solve business problems and enhance operations.
2. Customer Service-Demonstrates customer service qualities that instill confidence. Mentors others on how to provide the highest level of customer service. Effectively follows up and closes all issues assigned or identifies issues to management with recommendations on how to proceed.
3. Measurement & Analysis-Holds regular discussions with leaders to understand processes and conduct improvement projects. Functions as a coach/consultant to assist departments in defining, measuring and analyzing problems. Understands TJC and related accreditation initiatives. Mastery of basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and working knowledge of advanced topics (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, DOE, etc.). Advanced analytic skills with the ability to define the analytic need, and integrate, interpret, and report findings.
4. Problem Solving & Implementation-Handles multi-department design and implementation conflicts and work to resolution. Ensures that user departments have provided input and have sense of ownership for final solution. Implements decisions and spreads best practice. Responsible for spread and adoption of initiatives.
5. Project Management-Provides project leadership, direction, coaching and facilitation across multiple departments. Capable of leading projects to successful completion. Identifies and resolves project issues involving resource constraints, project delays, and conflicts through effective communications and negotiations with project and executive sponsors. Manages project resources to ensure fiscal responsibility. Key participant in ?operations? committees.
6. Tools, Methodologies & Technologies-Develops and implements solutions using most appropriate tools, methodologies and technologies (TM&T). Proficient in the TM&T and how to apply them for business benefit. Mentors others in learning how to effectively use and apply TM&T.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (or health care licensure).
● No licensure or certification required.
● Health care licensure is required if absence of a Bachelor's degree.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If an Associates Degree: Five (5) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
● If a health care licensure: Prior experience leading advanced process improvement and quality initiatives.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: OQE Performance Improvement
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.