Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
** Due to the recent switch in our HR and application systems, our HR team is working hard towards implementing a new and improved, mobile friendly Employee Referral solution expected to launch this winter. For applicable positions and referral guidelines, learn more here.
After reviewing the referral guidelines, in the interim, we ask that you submit your employee referral by filling out this form. Please ensure that you submit your referral before your referral has applied to the position. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 19696
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNCHCS Telecommunication Architect will play a key role in the design and performance of the Telecommunication, Collaboration for the UNC Healthcare system. This position will be responsible for the evaluation of key telecommunication systems and the functional performance and safety of the UNC Healthcare Telecommunication system. This person will have the responsibility to work with ISD and UNC Health Care leadership in developing a next generation Telecommunication network and standardize technologies across the system.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Design – Play key role in the design of Telecom networks using the cisco telepresence technology. Play key role in the design of cisco call manager technology. Also, key design and implementation of standards of VoIP systems across the UNC Health Care enterprise
2. Tech Liaison – Play key role in the technical discussions for departments wanting to implement telecommunication systems
3. Implementation – Oversee the installation of telecommunication systems in the UNC Healthcare system.
4. Proactive – Monitoring of telecommunication activities and the reporting of telecommunications in the UNC Healthcare systems.
5. R&D - Participate in product selection, evaluation and deployment of emerging technologies. Stay current on latest networking technology and adhere to design best practices. Research new technologies, products, tools, and protocols.
6. Support - Functions as a technical expert to UNCHCS and maintains high service levels. Provide Tier II support on network-based issues and provide on-call support.
7. Document - Document & maintain layers of network architecture and infrastructure components.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of experience configuring and managing enterprise class Cisco network systems including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IOS and NX-OS based platforms.
● If an Associate's degree: Nine (9) years of experience configuring and managing enterprise class Cisco network systems including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IOS and NX-OS based platforms.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of experience configuring and managing enterprise class Cisco network systems including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IOS and NX-OS based platforms.
● Prior experience with Cisco wireless technologies and infrastructure including Light Weight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP), Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, wireless technologies and protocols including 802.11N, 802.11AC, authentication protocols such as 802.1X and WPA2 as well as advanced wireless troubleshooting using management appliances and technologies.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.